1. This guide describes the configuration of OpenVPN on a device running stock Android 4.0 and later. It uses the OpenVPN for Android client which can be installed without rooting your device.
3. Make sure OpenVPN for Android is installed on your device.
4. Download OpenVPN Profiles from here on your computer. Unzip profile on your computer . Copy one .ovpn file onto a SD card readable by your Android device and insert it. If your device cannot take SD cards, you can also send this file as an attachment to an email address configured on your device. Save the attachment to your device and remember where you put it.
5. Open the Apps screen and start OpenVPN for Android.
6. Before doing anything else, switch to the Settings tab.
7. In the Application Behaviour section make sure to have Show log window and Reconnect on boot enabled. In the VPN Behaviour section check Reconnect on network change and disable Pause VPN connection after screen off. Now click the Back button.
8. Now switch to Profiles and find Import icon on corner of app and Import the configuration file you already copied onto your device.
9. Now find the configuration that you saved on your device and select file.
10. After OpenVPN for Android 4.0+ has validated the configuration file click Import. A new configuration profile is generated in the background.
11. You are brought back to the list of available configuration profiles. Edit any profile that you want by click on edit icon in front of it .
12. Click on Basic and Enter your Username and Password in the appropriate text fields. Click the Back button.
13. Now brought back to the list of available configuration profiles and Start the WorldVPN VPN connection by clicking on any profile that you like.
14. The log window appears which also provides connection statistics. Increase the Log verbosity level by one step to see the assigned IP address and DNS servers. The connection is ready when the Initialization Sequence Completed is shown. As long as the Key icon appears in the status bar, the VPN connection is active.